Friday, June 22, 2012

Brave Movie Review

Brave Movie Review
Directed by: Mark Andrews, Brenda Chapman, Steve Purcell

Short Film Presentation:
It's always exciting to watch a Pixar movie for you never  know what animated short will be presented prior to the main movie. 

The short film story focuses on three people; a little boy with his father and grandfather who one day go out fishing. I won't spoil it, so watch the movie to experience the short film.

I got say the short film was awesome! It was fun, creative and imaginative with heart fill moments to be remembered.

What is the movie 'Brave' about?
The story is about a girl named Merida voiced by Kelly Macdonald and her mother Elinor voiced by Emma Thompson that focuses on their relationship.  The mother just wants the best for her daughter so she focuses on preparing Merida to one day succeed her. While the daughter wants to adventure and be free to choose. It touches a lot of  emotional moments between a mother and daughter. Even exploring what a teenager would do to change things. And that's the moment when things become chaotic, emotional and heartwarming. I can go on but I don't want to spoil the story.

Brave's art style was beautiful and imaginative. The characters were unique and memorable including the cute bears!!!  However, I am not sure if the movie was worth watching in 3D. I didn't feel any of the scenes really used the 3D well enough to make me jump out of my seat. So watching it in non-3D won't be a big deal.  Compared to the likes of Monster Inc, UP, Wall-E and Finding Nemo. Brave was outstanding and should be or will be considered one of Pixars top masterpieces.

I give 'Brave' an Imp Score of 4 out of 4 Smiles (4 - Masterpiece worth seeing in theaters)



No comments:

Post a Comment