Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Movie Review: The Vow

The feelings of lossing someone you dearly love is one of the hardest emotions to overcome.  Imagine what the emotional impact would be if your love one lost their memory and forgot about you. I can't even begin to understand how that must feel emotionally and that is the main topic of the movie 'The Vow'.

Based on a true story, it's about two couples who fall in love that express their vows upon marriage. One evening of fun turns in to tragedy that leads into a car acccident that causes severe head trauma to the wife 'Paige' played by Rachel McAdams. After the wife recovers, the husband 'Leo' played by Channing Tatum finds out his wife has no memory of the life they shared including who he is. She can only recall memories at a certain point in her life before they met. And with Paiges parents invovled in her recovery, it brings more tensions for Leo and Paige, leading to heart breaks, teary eyed and frustrating moments, unfolding to an outcome that was lost forever.

The match up with Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum was superb. I felt their onscreen presence showed a strong connection and drew out both their talents well. I admit this movie was a tear jerker. And yes this movie made me cry for there are scenes so emotional that it brought feelings I struggled with when I lost my love one.

Overall, this movie was a sad story and to have it be based on a true story made me wish for a happy ending. However, no matter how the movie ended, I personally don't know what would be more emotional, to have someone you love alive with no memories or to have someone no longer around in life.

I give 'The Vow' an Imp Score of 3 out of 4 smiles. Great entertainment worth watching!




No comments:

Post a Comment