Sunday, January 22, 2012

Redtails Movie Review


Why watch this movie?
Aside from being a big aviation fan and a great admirer of P51 planes used in this movie. I am big historical movie fan. I enjoy movies that tell real events to true stories. I am not sure how accurate this story is, but from what I saw in the trailers it peeked my interest.

What was the movie about?
How the movie started didn't really deliver the characters well. It would have been more appealing if we had more background of the squadron pilots. Of course we can't have everything unless we want a 4 hour movie. In my book, a longer movie would be worth it, especially for a war movie like this involving a number of American heroes.

Redtails delivered a great story. It showed the struggles of the squadron from the lowest to the highest ranks. It presented the discrimination, struggles and the resentment the African American pilots faced and endured just prove they are heroes too. The dog fights were breathtaking to watch. Just to see how a P51 maneuvered against a German plane was amazing. Also seeing prototype German jets in action against propeller planes truly shows an iconic moment of how far aviation would move forward and what could have happen if Germany mass produced jets like this during World War II.

Was the movie worth seeing?
If you enjoy movies based on true events or just love aviation, war movies and history, then you may enjoy this movie. I felt it was entertaining and I even learned more about our American history, which I feel movies like this should be told more in our American culture.

I give Redtails 4/5 (4 - worth watching on the big screen)

No comments:

Post a Comment