Sunday, January 22, 2012

Underworld: Awakening 3D Movie Review


Why watch this movie?
Anything with Kate Beckinsale is worth watching in my book. I'm just a big fan of her work. Plus I am a big fan of vampires and werewolves too. What interested me most about this movie was the return of Kate's character. Her characters absence in Underworld: Rise of Lycans, to how Underworld Evolution ended, made me wonder how Awakening continues the story line.

What was the movie about?
Underworld: Awakening is the return of Kate's character 'Selene'.  It tells the story of what happens after Underworld Evolution. It does a good job of doing flashbacks to tie you in, but I would recommend watching Underworld and Underworld: Evolution first if you haven't already, to experience the story. The story is pretty much a continuation of the ongoing fight between the vampires and the lycans, but this time a third party is added to the fight, 'the humans', which dominate both factions with technology.

Was the movie worth seeing?
Kate Beckinsale does a superb job of keeping the action flowing. If they had an action award for best female action hero, I would nominate Kate based on what she delivered in this movie. The 3D presentation is not all that great. I still think the 3D in Resident Evil: Afterlife presented the best use of 3D and maybe a few other movies too. You won't miss out if you watch it in non-3D. Definitely worth watching!

I give Underworld: Awakening 4/5 (4 - worth watching on the big screen)

No comments:

Post a Comment